About Totara Learn
A powerful learning management system (LMS) that’s open source – and open for business…
What is Totara Learn?
Totara Learn is a distribution of Moodle, developed with the enterprise in mind. It gives you powerful tools to manage and facilitate learning online, right across your business.
Totara maps to your organisation’s structure so learning can be automatically allocated based on a range of organisational hierarchies, and system criteria – specific courses, programmes of required learning, and even recurring certifications if required.
Totara Learn is much more than a course management system – it offers performance management through flexible appraisals, learning plans, self-service face-to-face course booking and outstanding reporting capabilities.
Totara Learn is a perfect match if your requirements are to track and prove compliance, staff training including new starter induction programmes, CPD, cross-department reporting and tracking, management access, personalised visual stats presented on dashboard and blended learning.
Not sure which system is best for you? See our handy Moodle vs Totara comparison.
The top 10 Totara Learn facts you should know!
- Totara is an enterprise oriented distribution of Moodle – the world’s most popular learning platform
- It is open source software
- Totara development is sustained by simple, affordable subscriptions
- It has no licence costs.
- Totara is accessed via a web browser – so it’s easy for your end users.
- It is flexible and fully featured – you choose how you want to use it.
- Totara enables you to automate allocation of learning.
- It works with other systems.
- Totara is used by Tesco, Sky, Sony, easyJet – plus many more commercial, public and third sector organisations.
- Totara Learn has the reporting capabilities that Moodle users dream of!
Gain success with Totara Learn!
Is Totara Learn right for me?
We hear the questions “What can Totara do?” and “What can Totara do for me?” on a regular basis. “Loads!” is the short answer. But it’s hard to give a more useful response without understanding the context of your particular situation.
Totara isn’t your only option, of course – Moodle may be perfectly adequate for your needs. In both cases, context is key. We’d be delighted to discuss your requirements and help you answer those questions. So for more specific insight into whether Totara is right for your organisation – just ask us!