About Totara LMS
A powerful learning management system (LMS) that’s open source – and open for business…
What is Totara LMS? Totara LMS is a distribution of Moodle, developed with the enterprise in mind. It gives you powerful tools to manage and facilitate learning online, right across your business. Totara maps to your organisation’s structure, so learning can be automatically allocated based on a range of organisational and system criteria – specific courses, programmes of required learning, and even recurring certifications if required. But Totara is much more than a course management system; it also offers performance management through flexible appraisals, learning plans, self-service face-to-face course booking and great reporting.
Not sure which system is best for you? See our handy Moodle vs Totara comparison.
Take a closer look! Watch our video to find out more about Totara LMS…
The top 10 Totara LMS facts you should know!
- Totara is an enterprise oriented distribution of Moodle – the world’s most popular learning platform.
- It is open source software.
- Totara development is sustained by simple, affordable subscriptions.
- It has no licence costs.
- Totara is accessed via a web browser – so it’s easy for your end users.
- It is flexible and fully featured – you choose how you want to use it.
- Totara enables you to automate allocation of learning.
- It works with other systems.
- Totara is used by Tesco, Sky, Sony, easyJet – plus many more commercial, public and third sector organisations.
- Totara LMS has the reporting capabilities that Moodle users dream of!
Is Totara LMS right for me?
We hear the questions “What can Totara do?” and “What can Totara do for me?” on a regular basis. “Loads!” is the short answer. But it’s hard to give a more useful response without understanding the context of your particular situation.
Totara isn’t your only option, of course – Moodle may be perfectly adequate for your needs. In both cases, context is key. We’d be delighted to discuss your requirements and help you answer those questions. So for more specific insight into whether Totara is right for your organisation – just ask us!