Moodle Administrator aims to provide the insights required to configure
(or re-configure) and administer a Moodle site. Moodle works well with its default settings but day-to-day administrators and strategic planners must be able to make informed choices about Moodle setup for their organisation.
You will learn how to
- Create and manage user accounts using manual and email authentication
- Identify and manage site layout options
- Assign and adapt permissions using the roles system
- Configure global privacy and access settings
- Identify and manage defaults for course related functionality
- Customise the interface terminology
- Configure in built appearance options to modify the site experience
Save time: Learn about essential functionality with our structured exploration.
See the big picture sooner: We’ll help you understand relationships between key areas so that you can take a holistic view of how to match Moodle to your needs.
Identify quick wins on an existing site: Existing administrators tell us they leave the course with new ideas and valuable confirmation about their existing approach.
Small groups: The opportunity to engage with new contacts or colleagues is always highly rated in participant feedback.
Who should attend?
- Aspiring Moodle site administrators
- Current Moodle site administrators
- Project managers and entrepreneurs who need to make a rapid assessment of Moodle.
Throughout the training you’ll have administrator access to a Moodle site that you’re familiar with navigation in the administrator areas.
The subject matter means that this training can’t be as hands on as our other training options but we’ll get you hands-on where possible.
You're welcome to have your own production site handy (if you have one) to compare your own settings and update if you feel appropriate.
We’ll be asking and inviting questions about your site throughout the two days.
- Creating user accounts (individual/bulk)
- Options to organise your site
- Managing course enrolments
- The roles system
- Identify and manage security/privacy settings
- Configuring user-related data
- Making life easier - Using default values, replicating courses
- Adapting Language packs
- Managing appearance related settings
Participants should be familiar with:
- How to navigate and upload files
- Typical navigation features of web-based applications e.g. hyperlinks, buttons, drop down boxes, radio buttons, check boxes;
- How to enter text into fields and text boxes.
- Ideally you will have some appreciation of Moodle course functionality. This helps provides useful context for exploration of the various administrative settings. Many clients find combining Moodle Administrator with our other courses beneficial.
This course is designed to be of benefit to non-technical administrators, however, we anticipate it will also be valuable to those with experience of server and system administration who have responsibility for administering a Moodle site.
Owing to the wide range of potential deployment scenarios this course does not attempt to cover integration with external systems, the various external authentication or enrolment options, networking between Moodle sites, server and infrastructure configuration or web design for customising Moodle themes.