Our training makes Moodle add up for you
Essential Moodle learning, designed and delivered in a way that works for you.
Become an expert Moodler with our superb range of Moodle training delivered online or onsite. Choose from our popular standard online programmes (details and to book your place on this page), onsite programmes, or let us put together a completely bespoke training solution for you.
Moodle Course Creator Online
Set up, sharing content activities for assessment, communication and collaboration and more.
Day 1: AM Session: “Course settings and Resources”
- Course page: Course set-up and layout options
- Resources: Add and configure the Label, Book, File and Folder resources
- SCORM activity: Add and configure SCORM content in your course
Day 1: PM Session: “Collaboration”
- Choice activity: Add and configure polls to stimulate thinking or collect a class vote on a single question
- Forum activity: Provide an area for discussion for your students and a place to share ideas
- Glossary activity: Create and populate a course glossary with keywords related to your course topics
Day 2: AM Session: “Assessment”
- Quiz activity: Add and configure the Quiz (using a range of popular question types)
- Assignment activity: Enable submissions from students and manage feedback and grades
Day 2: PM Session: “Course Management”
- Feedback activity: Add evaluations to your course
- Reporting: Monitor learner activity logs, and access course-based reports
- Completion tracking: Track and report on the progress of your students across activities and the course as a whole
- Gradebook: Overview of functionality, and create custom scales for use in the graded activities
- Conditional access: Define criteria within resources and activities to restrict access to specific course content
- Trainers, teachers, tutors, course designers etc. responsible for designing and developing online or blended courses.
- Anyone in a role supporting the above.
- Project managers and entrepreneurs who need to make a rapid assessment of Moodle for their organisation.
Activities are subject matter “neutral” so you may derive equal benefit from our training regardless of your area of subject matter expertise, academic or business sector and the age of your target learners.
Participants should be familiar with:
- Typical navigation features of web-based applications e.g. hyperlinks, buttons, drop down boxes, radio buttons, check boxes;
- The general concepts of files, folders, upload, download, zip & unzip.
- How to enter text into fields and text boxes.
- The broader aims of their organisation.
- Save time and effort: How many more hours/days can you afford to spend on unstructured self-learning? Our carefully designed, hands-on approach helps you identify where and how Moodle can support your course design and wider objectives.
- See the bigger picture: We cover a lot of ground in two days. Our clients tell us time and time again that they discover options or approaches they’d not uncovered before.
- Small group dynamic: Learning the software is important, but that’s only part of the story – we want to hear your ideas and challenges too. Our clients always highly value the opportunity to engage with new contacts or colleagues.
“Interactive, engaged and well informed. I’ve come away with a wealth of new knowledge.”
James Kelly, Information Assistant
“The delivery was great, (the trainer) obviously has a wealth of experience using Moodle, was able to answer all questions and maintained a suitable pace throughout. I feel that it benefited from being a hands on approach – I was engaged throughout.”
Head of Learning, Development & Talent, Monarch Airlines
Moodle Administrator Online
Learn how to configure your site to match your needs.
Morning session (3 hours)
- Authentication: Create and manage user accounts with manual and email authentication
- Enrolments: Add users to courses using different enrolment methods
- Site organisation: Consider and manage the category structure of your site
- Backup/Restore: Re-use and archive activities and courses
Afternoon session (2 hours)
- Roles: Manage permissions in existing Moodle roles or create and assign new roles to meet your own user requirements
- Default settings: Customise the system defaults to fit with your requirements to improve usability and to encourage consistency across courses
- Language: Support users with different languages and modify existing interface terminology
- Appearance: Identify and modify settings that impact on the “look and feel” of the site
- Aspiring Moodle site administrators
- Current Moodle site administrators
- Project managers and entrepreneurs who need to make a rapid assessment of Moodle
- Support desk personnel offering extended support
- Individuals who need a holistic, strategic overview of Moodle’s capabilities
This course is designed to be of benefit to non-technical administrators, however, we anticipate it will also be valuable to those with experience of server and system administration who have responsibility for administering a Moodle site. Owing to the wide range of potential deployment scenarios this course does not attempt to cover integration with external systems, the various external authentication or enrolment options, networking between Moodle sites, server and infrastructure configuration or web design for customising Moodle themes.
Participants should be familiar with:
- How to navigate and upload files
- Typical navigation features of web-based applications e.g. hyperlinks, buttons, drop down boxes, radio buttons, check boxes, etc.
- The basics and concepts of Moodle course functionality; this provides useful context for exploration of the various administrative settings
Many clients find combining Moodle Administrator Online with our Moodle Course Creator Onsite/Online course beneficial.
- See the big picture: Understand relationships between key areas so that you can take a holistic view of how to match Moodle to your needs.
- Identify quick wins on an existing site: Existing administrators tell us they leave the course with new ideas and valuable confirmation about their existing approach.
- Save time: Learn about essential functionality with our structured exploration. What you learn in this single day would take much longer through self-guided discovery and experimentation.
“I really enjoyed the course. It went through all the information needed in order to understand how to set up and administrate a Moodle site, in a fun and interactive environment.”
Kylie Thomas, Compliance Project Worker