When you’ve mastered Moodle’s essential learning tools you’ll want extend your skills to ensure you make the most of the more advanced course management options.
Moodle Course Administration saves you long hours of self guided discovery and experimentation. You’ll explore key concepts that enable you to better manage users in your courses. Improve the experience for facilitators and learners by automating the availability of content and activities, progress tracking and more.
Course Administration is one half of the Moodle Administrator programme.
- Adapt and review user permissions within a course
- Control collaboration, awareness and segmentation of users within a course
- Manage access to activities and course section using specified conditions
- Enable facilitators and learners to track progress in a course
- Assign digital rewards via Badges.
- Course designers who have grasped the essentials of Moodle will understand advanced methods of managing users and activities to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of their courses.
- Saving internal resource. This course will save you time and money. What you learn in one day would take much longer through self guided discovery and experimentation.
- Trainers, teachers, tutors, course designers etc. who have an existing grasp of essential Moodle functionality and need to extend their knowledge of the range of options that can be utilised in their courses
- Course Creator Essential course participants: The Moodle Course Administration elements are recommended as a progressive step for those who would like to increase their knowledge of Moodle courses.
- Managing Permissions: Adapt and review user permissions within a course
- Managing Groups: Manage user participation and segmentation with groups and groupings
- Completion Tracking: Enable facilitators and learners to track progress in a course. Learn how to configure programmed, teacher and learner initiated completion tracking options
- Conditional access: Define criteria within resources and activities to restrict access to specific course content
- Monitoring activity: Access and monitor learner activity logs within a course
- Backup/Restore: Re-use and archive activities and courses
- Orphaned Activities: Add activities/resources to a course that are not directly associated with a topic/section
- Using the Gradebook: Customise gradebook by creating categories and exploring different configuration options
- Badges: Reward learners and allow them to share progress and achievement with others using open badges
The content of this course is the same as Day 2 of our Moodle Administrator course.
What's the level of this course?
It’s expected that participants will already know the basics, so will work in a pre-prepared course space focusing on the new concepts covered in the training.
Our trainer explains and demonstrates where appropriate but you’ll be trying the techniques out as often as practicable.
Each participant will explore course management functionality and create simple scenarios designed to explore the set up of the extended functionality covered.
The course activities are subject matter “neutral” so participants will benefit regardless of their subject matter expertise, sector i.e. academic or non-academic or the age of their learners.
Participants should be familiar with
- Course based functionality in Moodle i.e. course settings, activity and resource modules and general navigation.
- Typical navigation features of web-based applications e.g. hyper-links, buttons, drop down boxes, radio buttons, check boxes, etc.
- How to enter text into fields and text boxes.
You may also like…
ESSENTIAL LEARNING TOOLS
Set up, sharing content activities for assessment, communication and collaboration. And more.
SITE AND COURSE ADMINISTRATION
Site administration and course administration combined. Move beyond default settings.
MANAGE YOUR SITE
Essential administrative tasks and site configuration.
Bespoke requirements or not sure what you need?
Have specific needs that aren’t met by our standard programmes or unsure about your training requirements?
No problem. Just click the button below and send in your requirements or call us on 0330 660 1111.