Moodle Administrator Course
Moodle Administrator provides the insights required for you to be informed and efficient in your day-to-day administration of the site and the management of the extended administration options in courses. You’ll need competence and confidence with both to manage the site and support colleagues.
- Create and manage user accounts using manual and email authentication
- Manage access to courses via various enrolment methods
- Identify and manage site layout options
- Assign and adapt permissions using the roles system
- Customise the interface terminology
- Configure in built appearance options to modify the site experience
- Adapt and review user permissions within a course
- Control collaboration, awareness and segmentation of users within a course
- Manage access to activities and course section using specified conditions
- Enable facilitators and learners to track progress in a course
- Assign digital rewards to users via Badges.
- Save time: Learn about essential functionality with our structured exploration. What you learn in two days would take much longer through self guided discovery and experimentation.
- Less You Tube: Get a rapid strategic overview of how Moodle works. Zero cats on skateboards guarantee.
- See the big picture sooner: Understand relationships between key areas so that you can take a holistic view of how to match Moodle to your needs.
- Identify quick wins on an existing site: Existing administrators tell us they leave the course with new ideas and valuable confirmation about their existing approach.
- Small groups: The opportunity to engage with new contacts or colleagues is always highly rated in participant feedback.
- Aspiring Moodle site administrators
- Current Moodle site administrators
- Project managers and entrepreneurs who need to make a rapid assessment of Moodle
- Support desk personnel offering extended support.
- Course Creator Essential course participants: the Course Administration elements are recommended as a progressive step for those who would like to increase their knowledge of Moodle courses.
- Individuals who need a holistic, strategic overview of Moodle’s capabilities.
Day 1 – “Site Administration“
- Site organisation: Manage options to organise the site
- Managing Settings: Identify and manage standard options and appearance settings that impact on your users’ experience
- Customisation: Customise the interface terminology
- Managing Authentication: Create and manage user accounts with manual and email authentication
- Managing Enrolments: Add users to courses using different enrolment methods
- Managing Roles: Permissions: Identify, assign, modify, create and manage roles
Day 2 – “Course Administration“
- Managing Permissions: Adapt and review user permissions within a course
- Managing Groups: Manage user participation and segmentation with groups and groupings
- Completion Tracking: Enable facilitators and learners to track progress in a course. Learn how to configure programmed, teacher and learner initiated completion tracking options
- Conditional access: Define criteria within resources and activities to restrict access to specific course content
- Monitoring activity: Access and monitor learner activity logs within a course
- Backup/Restore: Re-use and archive activities and courses
- Orphaned Activities: Add activities/resources to a course that are not directly associated with a topic/section
- Using the Gradebook: Customise gradebook by creating categories and exploring different configuration options
- Badges: Reward learners and allow them to share progress and achievement with others using badges
Throughout the training you’ll have appropriate administrative access to a Moodle site so that you’re familiar with the configuration areas.
The subject matter means that this training can’t be as hands-on as our other training options but we’ll get you hands-on where possible.
You’re welcome to have your own production site handy (if you have one) to compare your own settings and update if you feel appropriate.
We’ll be asking and inviting questions about your site throughout the two days.
Participants should be familiar with
- How to navigate and upload files
- Typical navigation features of web-based applications e.g. hyperlinks, buttons, drop down boxes, radio buttons, check boxes
- How to enter text into fields and text boxes.
- You will be familiar with at least the basics and concepts of Moodle course functionality. This provides useful context for exploration of the various administrative settings and will help with your participation in the second day of the training. Many clients find combining Moodle Administrator with our Course Creator Essential course beneficial.
This course is designed to be of benefit to non-technical administrators, however, we anticipate it will also be valuable to those with experience of server and system administration who have responsibility for administering a Moodle site.
Owing to the wide range of potential deployment scenarios this course does not attempt to cover integration with external systems, the various external authentication or enrolment options, networking between Moodle sites, server and infrastructure configuration or web design for customising Moodle themes.
You may also like…
ESSENTIAL LEARNING tools
Set up, sharing content activities for assessment, communication and collaboration. And more.
MANAGE YOUR COURSE
Manage participants, monitor progress, automate access to content and activities.
MANAGE YOUR SITE
Essential administrative tasks and site configuration.
Bespoke requirements or not sure what you need?
Have specific needs that aren’t met by our standard programmes or unsure about your training requirements?
No problem. Just click the button below and send in your requirements or call us on 0330 660 1111.