Moodle Site Administration is a 1 day course to provide the knowledge and skills to perform day-to-day administrative duties and manage essential configuration of your Moodle site.
Site Administration is one half of the Moodle Administrator programme.
- Create and manage user accounts using manual and email authentication
- Manage access to courses via various enrolment methods
- Identify and manage site layout options
- Assign and adapt permissions using the roles system
- Customise the interface terminology
- Configure in built appearance options to modify the site experience
- Time and money savings: Rapid introduction to more complex settings when compared to self-guided discovery and experimentation
- Practical, hands on approach: To help you master set up and management of your Moodle site
- Small groups: There’s time to discuss your set up with our experienced trainer
- Current and aspiring Moodle site administrators
- Support desk personnel offering day-to-day support
- Project managers and entrepreneurs who need to make a rapid assessment of Moodle
- Site Organisation: Manage options to organise the site
- Managing Settings: Identify and manage standard options and appearance settings that impact on course your users’ experience.
- Customisation: Customise the interface terminology
- Managing Authentication: Create and manage user accounts with manual and email authentication.
- Managing Enrolments: Add users to courses using different enrolment methods.
- Managing Roles: Permissions: Identify, assign, modify, create and manage roles
The content of this course is the same as Day 1 of our Moodle Administrator course.
Throughout the training you’ll have administrator access to a Moodle site so that you’re familiar with navigation in the administrator areas.
The subject matter means that this training can’t be as hands on as our other training options but we’ll get you hands-on wherever possible
You’re welcome to have your own production site handy (if you have one) to compare your own settings and update if you feel appropriate.We’ll be asking and inviting questions about your site throughout the day.
Participants should be familiar with
- How to navigate and upload files
- Typical navigation features of web-based applications e.g. hyperlinks, buttons, drop down boxes, radio buttons, check boxes;
- How to enter text into fields and text boxes
- You will be familiar with at least the basics and concepts of Moodle course functionality. This provides useful context for exploration of the various administrative settings
- Clients find combining Site Administration with our Course Creator Essential and Course Administration courses beneficial.
ESSENTIAL LEARINNG Tools
Set up, sharing content activities for assessment, communication and collaboration. And more.
SITE AND COURSE ADMINISTRATION
Site administration and course administration combined. Move beyond default settings.
MANAGE YOUR COURSE
Manage participants, monitor progress, automate access to content and activities.
Bespoke requirements or not sure what you need?
Have specific needs that aren’t met by our standard programmes or unsure about your training requirements?
No problem. Just click the button below and send in your requirements or call us on 0330 660 1111.