PHP / Moodle Developer
- Status: Full Time
- Salary: To £ Competitive
- Benefits: Company Pension, Cash health plan, Free parking, Up to 33 days holiday
- Location: Telford, Shropshire office
Why this is a fantastic opportunity
- An additional opportunity to join our technical team working at our Telford office. We’re a growing company in the fast-paced eLearning sector where we’re a long standing and well-respected leader in our field.
- HowToMoodle is an ISO 9001 certified specialist eLearning platform services provider. We work with big brands across commercial, public and third sectors as well as other organisations you’ve never heard of.
- We’re passionate about helping our existing clients succeed. The Moodle and Totara Learn eLearning technologies we support are the global leaders in the market and we’re important partners for both.
- Our world is highly competitive, fast paced and always changing. It’s exciting and different every day. We’ve achieved year-on-year double digit growth in recent years, we don’t intend on slowing down.
About the role:
- Working on full and engaging projects (no cubicle coding)
- You’ll work in a fast-moving team and assisting with the automation tasks / front end and backend development, integrating stare of the art systems to achieve greater efficiency
- Working with leading open source technologies Moodle and Totara Learn
- Enhancements that as keep our client solutions unique and special
- You’ll be primarily working with PHP and MariaDB/MySQL and should have the relevant experience to develop at a professional standard.
- UX development experience would be an advantage but not essential
- You could be involved in anything from early stage in discovery, refining proposals and, of course, developing the completed product.
Please apply if the following describes you:
- Minimum 2 years Moodle and/or Totara Learn experience
- Strong desire to help others succeed
- Excellent client facing skills – consultative / training
- Able to relate to the organisational development needs of a varied client portfolio
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Methodical and creative approach to problem solving
- Good understanding of current online learning trends.
- Flexible approach to working including on-site with clients when required.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.