Totara Administrator provides the insights required for you to be informed and efficient in your day-to-day administration of the site and the management of the extended administration options in courses. You’ll need competence and confidence with both to manage the site and support colleagues.
- Create and manage user accounts using manual and email authentication
- Importing and mapping users with Totara’s unique HR Import
- Create and manage Audiences
- Manage access to courses via various enrolment methods
- Identify and manage site layout options
- Assign and adapt permissions using the roles system
- Customise the interface terminology
- Configure in built appearance options to modify the site experience
- Create and manage learning plan
- Reporting – Standard and bespoke reports
- Save time: Learn about essential functionality with our structured exploration. What you learn would take much longer through self guided discovery and experimentation.
- Less You Tube: Get a rapid strategic overview of how Totara works. Zero parrots on skateboards guarantee.
- See the big picture sooner: Understand relationships between key areas so that you can take a holistic view of how to match Totara to your needs.
- Identify quick wins on an existing site: Existing administrators tell us they leave the course with new ideas and valuable confirmation about their existing approach.
- Small groups: The opportunity to engage with new contacts or colleagues is always highly rated in participant feedback.
- Aspiring Totara site administrators
- Current Totara site administrators
- Project managers and entrepreneurs who need to make a rapid assessment of Totara
- Support desk personnel offering extended support.
- Individuals who need a holistic, strategic overview of Totara’s capabilities.
- Site organisation: Manage options to organise the site
- Managing Settings: Identify and manage standard options and appearance settings that impact on your users’ experience
- Customisation: Customise the interface terminology
- Managing Authentication: Create and manage user accounts with manual and email authentication
- Managing Enrolments: Add users to courses using different enrolment methods
- Managing Roles: Permissions: Identify, assign, modify, create and manage roles.
- Totara interface familiarisation / Dashboard: Become comfortable with the navigation and overall interface within your Totara LMS site
- Hierarchies: Organisations & Positions: Map the system to your organisational structure to help ease the allocation of learning
- Audiences: Restrict visibility of courses to specific sets of users and automate the allocation of learning through rule definitions
- Programmes: Group together courses which need to be completed to satisfy learning requirements
- Learning Plans: Set and monitor learner’s progress against specific tasks
- Reporting: Use extensive filtering options to report on specific learning of all users and/or specific teams of learners.
Totara Administrator does not attempt to cover all of Totara LMS’s administrative and performance management features. We recommend Totara Adminstrator as the essential foundation with other features being covered in a bespoke programme based on identified needs.
Throughout the training you’ll have appropriate administrative access to a Totara site so that you’re familiar with the configuration areas.
The subject matter means that this training can’t be as hands-on as our other training options but we’ll get you hands-on where possible.
You’re welcome to have your own production site handy (if you have one) to compare your own settings and update if you feel appropriate.
We’ll be asking and inviting questions about your site throughout the two days.
Participants should be familiar with
- How to navigate and upload files
- Typical navigation features of web-based applications e.g. hyperlinks, buttons, drop down boxes, radio buttons, check boxes
- How to enter text into fields and text boxes.
- You will be familiar with at least the basics and concepts of Totara course functionality. This provides useful context for exploration of the various administrative settings and will help with your participation in the second day of the training. Many clients find combining Totara Administrator with our Totara Course Creator course beneficial.
This course is designed to be of benefit to non-technical administrators, however, we anticipate it will also be valuable to those with experience of server and system administration who have responsibility for administering a Totara site.
Owing to the wide range of potential deployment scenarios this course does not attempt to cover integration with external systems, the various external authentication or enrolment options, networking between Totara sites, server and infrastructure configuration or web design for customising Totara themes.
You may also like…
Bespoke requirements or not sure what you need?
Have specific needs that aren’t met by our standard programmes or unsure about your training requirements?
No problem. Just click the button below and send in your requirements or call us on 0330 660 1111.