Totara Course Creator Essential
Totara Course Creator Essential gives you the confidence and competence with essential Totara course functionality to make informed decisions about course design, strategic planning and providing support in your organisation.
- Get the basics right: Course settings, orientation, course page layout.
- Share learning resources: Upload, manage and signpost resources for your participants.
- Re-use content: Import activities and resources from other courses.
- Create and manage learning activities: Assessment, collaboration and communication using a range of Moodle tools.
- Save time: Our structured, hands-on approach will help you identify where and how Totara can support your course design and wider objectives. How much more time can you afford to spend on unstructured self-learning?
- See the bigger picture: We cover a lot of ground in two days. Our clients tell us time and time again that they discover options or approaches they’d not uncovered before.
- Small groups: Learning the software is important but that’s only part of the story, we want hear about your ideas and challenges too. The opportunity to engage with new contacts or colleagues is always highly rated in participant feedback.
- Trainers, teachers, tutors, course designers etc. responsible for designing and developing online or blended courses.
- Anyone in a role supporting the above.
- Project managers and entrepreneurs who need to make a rapid assessment of Totara for their organisation.
- Course set up and layout modification
- Adding resources
- File management
- Activity modules – Forum, Choice, Chat, Glossary, Quiz, Assignment, Feedback, SCORM*
- Creating popular question types
- Gradebook introduction
- Importing activities/resources
*SCORM covers Moodle options and does not extend to creating content in external authoring tools.
It’s hands on! Our trainer explains and demonstrates where appropriate but we like to get your fingers on the keyboard as often as possible!
You will create and explore simple resources and activities within a generic course with the aim of uncovering options that will stimulate ideas about how to use Moodle in your own context.
Activities are subject matter “neutral” so you may derive equal benefit from our training regardless of your area of subject matter expertise, academic or business sector and the age of your target learners.
Participants should be familiar with
- Typical navigation features of web-based applications e.g. hyperlinks, buttons, drop down boxes, radio buttons, check boxes;
- The general concepts of files, folders, upload, download, zip & unzip.
- How to enter text into fields and text boxes.
- The broader aims of their organisation.
You may also like…
SITE AND COURSE ADMINISTRATION
Site administration and course administration combined. Move beyond default settings.
MANAGE YOUR COURSE
Manage participants, monitor progress, automate access to content and activities.
Bespoke requirements or not sure what you need?
Have specific needs that aren’t met by our standard programmes or unsure about your training requirements?
No problem. Just click the button below and send in your requirements or call us on 0330 660 1111.